Firstly, I hope that you and your families are doing well. Secondly, I hope that you are off to a wonderful start to summer! Please view the following information regarding Advanced Placement (AP) courses:
1) If you were admitted into an AP class for the 2020-2021 school year, your teacher has sent you a Google Classroom code where you can access your summer assignment. To check if you received a Google Classroom invite, follow these steps:
- a) Log into your Harmony e-mail account
- b) Click on the menu icon at the top right
- c) Select the “Classroom” icon [you may have to scroll down to find the icon]
- d) Join the AP Introduction class, if applicable
2) If you have limited internet access, our school may provide you with the hard-copy packet.
3) If you were not admitted into the AP class, you may appeal the decision by submitting the completed AP Appeal Form to Mr. Cantu by Friday, August 14th. The AP Committee will review the appeals during the second week of school and determine whether or not the student will be placed into the AP class. Students will still be responsible for completing a portion of the summer assignment if they are approved for the course.
4) Scholars must submit the summer assignment at the beginning of the school year to remain enrolled in the AP class. Scholars who do not submit the summer assignment will be dropped from the class.
5) Contact the following teachers if you have questions regarding the AP Summer assignment:
- Biology: O. Tekin, email@example.com
- Calculus: J. Villarreal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- English Language: R. Gonzales, email@example.com
- Spanish Language: J. Bahena, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish Literature: J. Luna, email@example.com
- World History: A. Jimenez, firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at the beginning of the year. Do not hesitate to contact your AP teachers if you have questions regarding the AP class or the summer assignment. Have a wonderful break!